Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Let's Go to Vegas!

Luck is a man. He's hot, and he's dancing with me. I wonder if the Knight would like to skip work and scoot to Charlestown? He's a natural card shark, and Luck is with me.

PHEW. That's me, breathing a sigh of relief. Amanda got her socks, and they fit! It was a great little pattern, and I'll be doing it again when ankle socks seem in season. It does my heart good to know that the second pair of socks made for someone else fits. That means that statistically (did I mention before that I love statistics, the math concept?), I should stop fretting over the Monkey socks for my Sock it pal. They fit me, and I wear very "average" socks, and pal says she does too. The wicked Knight suggested I should keep them, but I won't. With a little luck, by week's end, both my Sock it pal's package and my Tea pal's package will head in their directions.

And speaking of Sock it to Me, guess what?! I hereby renounce my right to pout out loud that I never win anything. Contest #2 simply required me to gush about my favorite yarn. In return, I've won gift certificates to here and here! Thank you, thank you!!


There's really not a lot to report here, but what else to do in the middle of the night when sleep is elusive? Monkey #1 will be done Tuesday evening, and my search continues for just the right things to send with them. I bought the ribbon for my Mandy's Candy Bag Monday night. Those of you who scrap or sew already know you can buy ribbon with ANYTHING on it, but I was still filled with toddleresque glee when I spotted it. No, you can't see, but you'll get a finished object photo soon enough, maybe even in the next day or two!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey - if you are ever up here and go to Charles Town, let me know. We live only about 30 - 45 mins away.

Sharon said...

Do I have competition for my latest addiction, Candy bags?

Holly said...

Wow, sounds like a busy week. I am glad Amanda got her package. Congrats, isn't it a good feeling when you win something?

Unknown said...

Yeah to winning!!! How cool are those places! The finished socks look great. I'm sure Amanda will love them.

Lapdog Creations said...

Congrats on winning - esp the Scout's Swag gift cert - COOL!

Bubblesknits said...

Tease. LOL

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Great socks you made for Amanda!

Congrats on winning Contest #2! Looks like you will get some cool prizes :)

Anonymous said...

Those are really cool. Doing that for Amanda was REALLY cool. Thank you--you made my day, too!

Anonymous said...

Well sounds like this really perked up your day :) Congrats on the win, wow, nice places to shop too! Love the sock, only in my dreams for me..lol