Sunday, September 9, 2007

My Little Hero


Meet my little hero. He's from Vermont Teddy Bear Company. There's a great, long story about how our fire company ended up in this program, but that's for another day. You can check out the Friends for Life website for more information. However, today he's not waiting to comfort a scared child; he's showing off my latest finished object. It's a child-sized hat for Amy's project, Warm Up Winchester. Please pop over and check it out. They've already reached Amy's initial goal, but I hope there are lots of late-term folks like me, because I'd really like to shock Amy and Winchester with about double her goal!

The hat is the quick and easy pattern in Knitting for Peace (thanks again, Mary!) I used #7 dpns and Lion Brand Wool-ease in a blue heather of unknown origins. I think (hope?) I have enough left to knit myself one of these rolled brimmed cuties. Mugsy and I have had a slacker's summer, so with 40 degree temperatures in the upcoming week, we'll need warmer walking gear very soon!


So, I'm in the same boat I was in at the end of the last post; what to knit next? I may try the heel again, since Anne had good luck with hers and shared good pictures so I have an idea of what it should look like when it is right. In the meantime, we'll keep watching House season 2.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

I luv me some House! Along with Eureka, The 4400, and my ghostie shows. :-)

40 degree weather??? NO FAIR! I'm coming to live with y'all!

Anonymous said...

Adorable little guy... I thought we were in for it with 60s this week.. 40s??? you're south of me... how is that supposed to be??? I better look another week ahead and see what we're in for!

ps... email me about pampered chef.. I need to order something...

Holly said...

Cute hat. I will have to try the pattern. Cute bear model too. I love house. Such a great show.

vegasangelbrat said...

the hat is cute & I love the bear!!
I'm late in sending yet for Warm Up Winc..I'm trying to get a few more done before sending. also doing scarves too for Scarves from the heart.

NH Knitting Mama said...

Great hat!