Saturday, July 21, 2007

Please Hold While...

... the blog you are trying to read is being processed. Keep those dreams coming. After all, one single mom made this whole Pottermania possible only because she soldiered through several rejection letters. (How stupid do those publishers feel?)

Didn't Amazon do a great job with the box holding my precious cargo? I love it! Had I know they went to all that trouble, I would have pre-ordered at least books 5 & 6! Way cool. A great treat after driving to town after the baby shower, only to find that Giant's pharmacy closed THREE minutes before I arrived. Sigh. Maybe Mark will pick it up tomorrow for me, because Mugsy and I are going to be busy reading all 759 pages before work on Monday.


There will be no knitting, no blogging, and probably not even much eating or sleeping until we finish. No spoilers here either, not without warnings galore anyway. Can you believe one of my friends bothered to go get the book early this morning but announced, "I have about 30 pages of this other book to finish first." WHAT?! Mind you, she's really more of a friend of a friend...
So, pardon me, but Mugsy and I are going to read. He has this odd notion that crups will be important in this book, and get more than one measley sentence of mention. No self-esteem problems in that one!


3 comments:

vegasangelbrat said...

Happy reading to you and mugsy!!

Virtuous said...

Too cute @ please hold! :oD

You are right. Her dream came to fruition after she kept trying! Wow that should light a fire under somebody!

Enjoy your HP book!

Sue J. said...

Enjoy your reading. I believe the entire blog world is on hold while reading this book. Isn't it amazing what one woman's vision can create? I would like to listen to all 7 on CD's while I knit. Hugs to the Mugsy and Fred.