Friday, October 5, 2007

Happy Birthday Baby!


Before the Knight was even a serious fixture in my life, there was Mugsy. My tough little renegade, my snuggler, my pal. He was the first and best present the Knight gave me, and it's hard to believe that he's twelve, and in five weeks, he will have been in our lives 12 years to the day. Above, you see him with his office toy, a punching bag that cheers/roars when punched (read: bitten). Someone gifted it to my mother inlaw, but when she found that Mugsy liked it, it became his. That's the way Mugsy's life works; if he wants it, it becomes his. He's very confident and perhaps a wee bit spoiled.
The party's on hold while we wait on Fred. The first round of news this morning wasn't good. Fred's temperature is back up, and I'll spare you the other details, but hopefully, we'll hear something soon and he'll still be able to come home this evening. I can't tell you how much it meant to me to have 22 messages in the middle of the night, almost all of them in support of Fred.
Some day, you'll get knitting content again. Perhaps I'll get it together enough this evening to get up a proper blog post to share the vast swapperly goodness that arrived to cheer me last night. I really need to, because I have a self-imposed rule that I can't enjoy the goodies until I blog, and there's a bone in there Mugsy wants to share with Fred for his birthday... Please keep the prayers and positive vibes coming!

16 comments:

Holly said...

Fred blogs are very more important than knitting right now, and I am sure the others understand. Any new updates since this morning? Hugs!

Lapdog Creations said...

Happy Birthday Mugsy baby!!!

{{{hugs}}} for you and Fred... sending loads of good vibes your way.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Happy birthday, Mugsy! He looks so adorable :)

I'm sorry the news wasn't good this morning. I hope Fred's been doing better this afternoon and is able to come home tonight!

Anonymous said...

Aw, how cute a picture is that!

I do hope he and Fred get to share the bone soon.

LHP lady

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUGSY!!!

I'm sorry to hear that Fred's fever is back. I'm keep him, and you, in my thoughts!

Sue J. said...

Happy birthday, Mugsy. And don't worry about knitting content. Right now Fred is most important. Good thoughts and prayers are on their way. I'd tell you to stay strong, but that's hogwash. Do whatever you need to do to take care of all of you and concentrate on Fred. High hopes.

Devonshire said...

How cute is Mugsy!!! Happy Birthday to you Mugsy!! I'm sorry to hear that Fred is not yet out of the woods. The kitties and I are pulling for him and sending him lots of hugs and get betters. Knitting content is that what these blogs are for - I think not, it is to share life and in your life are 3 wonderful guys and 1 especially needs your attention so knitting aside and all that - take your time to get your boy home!!!!! Glad to hear a swap package arrived to provide a bit of cheering up.

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

Happy Birthday to Mugsy!
And still sending good thoughts for Fred.

Sue H said...

Latte also sends her positive vibes now that she's feeling so much better herself. Maybe good "doggy" vibes will mix with Mugsy's to get Fred better.

Lapdog Creations said...

{{{Hugs}}} to you, Mark and Mugsy... much love.

Bubblesknits said...

Happy Birthday Mugsy!

Any news on Fred? I'm still sending get well doggy vibes his way! Hugs for all of you.

Martina in AK said...

You are in my prayers, Chan, and I hope God helps all of you through this tough time...
Martina

Dorothy said...

I'm so sorry about Fred!

vegasangelbrat said...

I hope Mugsy has a good birthday despite the news! Prayers out for you, the Knight and mugsy!
With tear filled eyes, we love ya's!

Unknown said...

Oh Chan, I'm so sorry for your loss. Hope you are doing well without dear, dear Fred. Gaylen, Beau, Lucy, Dudley & Abigail

Anonymous said...

Chan, I am so sorry about Fred. I am keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. If there is something I can do for you all let me know, love Ingrid