Friday, March 30, 2007

Eenny, Meeny, Miny, Mo...



Which blankie do I like best?! There's blankie #3, which now has a bit of its pattern showing. I like that, but I don't know about the comparatively open weave, due to the #15s. It's about 1/5 of the way done. It's by far the most complicated pattern I've done, and I'm really enjoying that, but if I do another pattern from this book, I think I'll use #13s, even though I tend to knit a little on the tight side. Yep, there are flecks of pink in #3, if that matters.





And to refresh your memories, here's blankie #2:
I like it a lot too, but it's a much narrower gauge, and has much tighter weave. Just blue, white and soft green here. The other thing to keep in mind is that it's warming up rapidly here in Virginia. Now, I've never had a baby, so I don't know that it even is really a consideration, and both blankies will be given to friends having May babies, supposedly boys.

Does it matter?! Both are soft. Neither is perfect, but both are certainly nice enough that I can given them with pride. My mother inlaw knows both mothers to be, so of course, before the first shower in 12 days, I'll have to finish both and parade them by her for her vote too. Or if things look dire in either or both directions, I'll bundle up my bundles of baby boy bundles of joy holders and get her opinion on which gets finished immediately, and which waits its turn.

See?! This is why I will probably never have two projects in the works at the same time ever again. I hate making decisions, especially when I am ill-equipped to make said decision.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should finish the one you enjoy knitting the most :) I think either mom would be lucky and proud to have either blankie. They're looking great.