Thursday, March 29, 2007

Knitter Treat Exchange Questionnaire

1. What's your favourite type of yarn?

Anything that feels good as it is knitted up. I honestly haven't experimented enough to have many opinions.

2. What's your least favourite type of yarn?

I don't know. I haven't had good luck with chenille and suede, but it could just be me. I also can't see myself doing lace, but who knows?!

3. What's the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop?

Again, I'm so new to all of this I've been in all of TWO yarn shops, right here in my own town. I still find it all gloriously overwhelming. I tend to go in on a mission, and come out with at least one extra project.

4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do?

I scrapbook, and I've recently taken up rubbering stamping and card making too. I have done cross stitch and needlepoint in the past as well.

5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to?

Creative Knitting, Southern Living, Virginia Living, Guideposts

6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference:Knitting / Crochet / Other Craft / Food / Home / Fashion / Celebrity Gossip / Garden

Knitting/Home/Food

7. What items do you like to knit / crochet?

I'm on a baby blanket kick right now, but I also enjoyed felting, and I want to learn to do socks... I don't really crochet.

8. Are you allergic to anything?

Not that would matter here.

9. What do you like to* smell of?(*This is not a typo. The question is: What do you like to smell of)

Gardenia, magnolia, citrus, lily of the valley... soft florals and citrus.

10. What's your favourite way to relax?

Yoga, walking, knitting, tea

11. You're stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first?

The tea room, despite the fact that I am not dainty. I do love pretty china though.

12. What do you come out with?

I don't. I stay for hours, sipping, tasting, savoring. When I finally must leave, I'll come out with a yummy for my husband and a local blend of teas, and maybe a neat cup or something. If they have a selection of local cookbooks, at least one of those will come home with me too.

13. Where do you go next?

The bakery. Do they have eclairs?

14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal?

I love surprises! After checking out some of the other questionnaires, I've decided to add a couple of things here that might be helpful. I'm not crazy about coffee. I'm not fond of purple or orange, but both are fine in a colorway with other colors. I love regional and local "flavors" or specialty items, so if there's a great little shop in your town that is awesome at whatever, that would be a great treat for me.

No comments: