I doubt I get any traffic at all, but just in case someone wanders here unfamiliar with The Bag Lady, she's having an exchange. Check it out and sign up!
Before I begin answering, I must confess that I almost emailed TBL and told her she knows all the answers, so she could just fill it out for me. (Yeah, that's the kind of friend I am.) However, she's swamped at work, so I'll be a good sport, even though she did have time to come up with a very long questionnaire!
1. How long have you been knitting? How did you learn?
Well, that's hard to answer. This go 'round, I've been knitting since very late November, 2006. However, I learned to knit as a girl, some 25-30 years ago.
2. What are your favorite yarns to knit felted bags with?
The only thing I've used so far is Noro Kureyon. Liked the results, but the feel of the yarn while knitting wasn't so hot. I have two other yarns in my stash for two more bags, but they keep getting pushed aside for more and more baby blankets.
3. What are your favorite needles to knit with?
Hands down, no contest, my Knitpicks Options. Otherwise, metal is a must!
4. What are the last 3 bags you knitted (include URL for Yahoo! or flickr album or your blog if you have them!)? You can also link to patterns if you don't have pictures of your finished objects!
http://chanknits.blogspot.com I've only done the two bags; see post #2, in March.
5. Do you carry the bags that you knit, give them as gifts, or both?
So far, they're both mine, but one yarn/pattern at home is for my mother inlaw. (Mothers Day is coming. I should get to work.)
6. What is your favorite felted bag that you have knit for yourself?
The Chan bag, but I like the Booga an awful lot too.
7. What are your favorite colors? Do you like bags in these colors or choose other colors?
Pinks, reds, greens, teals. Well, the Chan is done in greens/grays/teals, and the Booga is done in pinks, so I guess that answers that question.
8. Chocolate: White, Milk, Dark, or not so much?
DARK. The darker, the better.
9. Coffee, Tea, or Milk?
All of the above, but tea and milk much moreso than coffee. I need my mug of coffee after I get to work, then I drink green tea all day, and I have a big old glass of milk at night.
10. Do you prefer sweet or salty treats? What kinds?
I'm not much on sweets except for chocolates. I'm not much on snacks, except for popcorn.
11. If you went into Bath and Body Works and could only come out with one item, what would it be and what would it smell like?
Tiare Flower anything. Otherwise, anything Gardenia.
12. Do you enjoy any other crafts or hobbies? Do you collect anything?
Scrapbooking, cardmaking, cooking, yoga, walking... I used to collect rooster (not to be confused with chicken) things for my kitchen, and long ago, I collected teddy bears. Now, I think I collect yarn and loose tea.
13. Are there any bag patterns you have not yet knit, but hope to someday?
Anything entrelac. I like totes too.
14. What is currently OTN (on the needles) for you?
Two different blue baby blankets.
15. What is your most recent finished object before that?
A pink baby blanket. In my defense, they're all different patterns, different yarns, and I have so many more to do, because it seems that a lot of my friends are expecting.
16. What's cutest: Puppies, Piggies or Pixies?
Puppies, but I am rather fond of my toes, aka: piggies, this time of year. I lurvers me sandals and a pretty pedicure. I lived on a farm, so the other piggies aren't so cute to me. Pixies aren't even on my radar.
17. Do you enjoy reading? Books, Magazines, or both?
18. Do you have any children? (kid-kind or pet-kind apply!)
I have a stepson, not living with us. I also have two four-legged boys, both getting up there in years, Mugsy the crup/Jack Russell Terrier, and Fred, the Basset Hound.
19. What are some of your favorite yarns for other projects?
I don't know. I am almost obsessed with the need to learn to knit socks, but I have THREE baby blankets that must be done in the next couple of weeks. I also have cotton to do dishclothes too, but I don't know when I'll get done with blankies, and the two bags that want to be done.
20. And for the final question, one I see debated all over: Novelty Yarn: Love it! Hate it! or It depends!
I'm not much on it, but I do have a fun fur scarf to do for my sweet mother inlaw. At least it will fly off the needles quickly.