Tuesday, April 17, 2007

"Spring Into Summer" Dishcloth Exchange Questionnaire

When did you learn to knit? Who taught you?

I learned as a child, from my aunt and great aunt, but just picked it up again after a Thanksgiving visit from The Bag Lady.

What was your very first completed object? Your most recent?

The very first was a scarf. The most recent, the chenille face cloth for my husband.

What was the very first thing you sent to the frog pond? (pulled out and started over) Your most recent?

Knock on wood, I’ve yet to really frog anything.

What is currently on the needles for you?

Nothing but a very little felted bag for my mother inlaw. My first pair of sock will hopefully join it tomorrow.

What types of needles do you enjoy working with? What have you tried and hated?

Knitpicks Options are hands down my favorites. Next comes anything metal with a sharper point. Bamboo and plastic make me crazy, because I tend to knit tightly and can’t pick up stitches!

Have you knit dishcloths before?

One so far, and a face cloth, but I have several patterns I plan to do before Mothers Day!

What was your favorite one?

Of the two, I liked the butterflies and lace one best.

Least favorite?

Easily, the garter stitch chenille face cloth. I do not like chenille, not at all.

Do you use homemade dishcloths or face cloths yourself, or give them as gifts, or both?

Both. I actually will be able to set my knitting aunt free now that I can knit my own. Both that I’ve knit so far were gifts. All the patterns on hand will be gifts.

What are your favorite and least favorite scents? (For your body, such as soap/lotion/etc)

Favorites – Gardenia, any soft floral or citrus. I also like green tea stuff.
Leasts – Heavy florals and musks.

What are your favorite colors?

Today? Greens, pinks, reds… Anything but purple and mauve. (Yes, mauve and pinks are different!)

What colors (if any) are your bathroom and kitchen decorated in?

Kitchen – brights – yellows, reds, greens, blues
Bathroom – teal, sky blue

What other hobbies and crafts do you enjoy?

Stamping, card making, scrapbooking, baking, cooking, yoga, walking, reading, my dogs…

Chocolate: Dark? White? Milk? Ew?

Dark chocolate is a food group. Milk will do if it has nuts or caramel. My husband loves white chocolate.

Do you like salty treats? What kinds?

Popcorn. That’s about it.

If you could go anywhere in the world for one day and spend the day any way you wanted, where would you go and what would you do?

Oh my. This answer too will vary from day to day. At this moment in time, I would want to go hang out with The Bag Lady and hit all the LYSs, have a great, long, slow meal in a cozy restaurant where we could knit and laugh as long as we pleased.

Do you have any allergies? (Yarns, foods, etc. that might impact what your pal can send)

Not really. I’m allergic to scallops, but I kinda’ doubt anyone will send those.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang, and I was planning on sending you a gift box filled with scallops. NOW what will I get?!