Saturday, August 4, 2007

Meme and Swapswap

Dearest Anne tagged me a while back, but was kind enough not to hit me over the head while I was on vacation. I'm also aware that I never tapped any other Rockin' Girls for that award, but my time has been a bit thin, so forgive me, okay?

Instructions:Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot:














Next, select 5 people to tag: (If you've been tagged already, my apologies!)

1. Stacey



2. Cass



3. Holly



4. Paula



5. Sue




What were you doing 10 years ago?


Um... My serious back problems were just beginning. I felt a twinge, argued with the brand, spankin' new personal trainer about what I should and shouldn't be doing, given my known back issues (from my teens), but listened to Mr. Expert and pinched a nerve, again. I was also just a few weeks away from marrying my best friend, and let me tell you, you haven't lived until you try to put the finishing touches on a wedding for 250+ of your closest friends and distant relations while on narcotic pain killers!


What were you doing one year ago?

LOL... Alzheimer's already!? Ten years ago was easy. One year ago, not so much. Mourning the first summer vacation without Randy, my stepson. He opted to stay with his mom rather than do the beach thing with us. Ouch.


Five snacks you enjoy:

1. Dark Chocolate



2. Fruit of most any sort



3. Nuts



4. Popcorn



5. Cheese






Five songs that you know all the lyrics to:






1. Amazing Grace



2. How Great Thou Art



3. Bat Out of Hell - Meatloaf (how's that for transition?!)



4. Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond



5. Old the Good Die Young - Billy Joel






Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:




1. Open a Yarn Store/Bookstore Combo with a Coffee & Pastry Cafe attached. (Yep, that is exactly how Anne wrote it too, but friends can share a dream, right?!)



2. Sponsor a house for Habitat's Women Build



3. Tour the world with my cousin Sherri



4. Finish College



5. Buy a house in Sedona, AZ




Five bad habits




1. I sometimes have a potty mouth. (I blame the fire service for that.)



2. I interrupt when Mark is talking.



3. I have "safe places" which means I put things away and can't find them later.



4. I am moody. It's not a habit, but it's something I'd like to change.



5. I am a rotten housekeeper.




Five things you like doing:




1. Knitting



2. Blogging



3. Reading



4. Listening to music and singing along.



5. Cooking






Five things you would never wear again:




1. Those floppy, big bows Madonna inspired me to put in my hair in 1985.



2. A string bikini



3. Stirrup pants



4. A big, pouffy wedding dress or other formal gown



5. The Guess jeans with the zippers at the ankles - not that I could get into them now anyway!







Five favorite toys:




1. My Laptop



2. My clicky stitch counter



3. My Pampered Chef Food Chopper



4. My Moonlight Knitter row counter that looks like a bracelet



5. The Garmin GPS thingee



And now, more joining has happened. I don't have a button yet for SP11, but I'm in and waiting on my match.


I've be remiss in noting that there's another felted bag exchange!








Y'all know about the Colors of Tea Swap (it's my swap; I can call it something slightly different each time if I want!) which at this moment, is still open.








Then, there's the Vegan Pal 2 Swap, which is also still open. I can't decide which option I want. I hate orange the color, but totally LOVE pumpkin, the food, so...??




That's enough for now. I'm supposed to be working on the tea blog site, and I have more vacation excitement to share, and a BIG THANK YOU to make too, but... later.



1 comment:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Great answers on your meme.

Wow, all the swaps... my head is spinning on your behalf. I'm in 2 and it's about all I can handle - the anticipation!