Friday, August 3, 2007

Red Package(s) Day

How many posts in a day, right?! I apologize, but Fred matters, the Sox Stix thing has been stuck in my craw for almost a week (I can't believe needles that cost so much can be so... short-lived), and now, I must blog about what I REALLY should blog about, which is the Yarn Mail that was waiting when I got home.



First, the Colorswap package from the very awesome Stacey. Have you ever clicked with a swap pal from email #1? It's a wonderful thing. Stacey is a gem, and I'm lucky that fate cast us together. Look! Even the outside hints of red goodness! And that tote. Can you see the polka dot bows? The card's handmade, and just lovely too. While I'd love to show you the whole process, I have been very wordy today, so I'll cut to the chase. You can already guess that each little bundle was wrapped in red paper, and tied with the same red polka dotted ribbon. (I love polka dots. Have I mentioned that before?)



Within, there was a neck cozy pattern, some great silver and red handles for a felted bag yet to be determined, Knitting Vintage Socks, some Teavana Sencha, and some Koigu KPM. Wow! So here's the question - is the bonus an incredibly generous swap package or the budding friendship? Why do you swap? Is it to get neat stuff, to make friends, both or something else? I'm curious. I initially started blogging to swap, because the whole beauty of the knitting community was too much to resist. Our online community works much like any other. Friends of friends become friends, and a random comment on someone else's blog can lead to another friendship. I hope your swapping experiences are equally rewarding. There will be swaps that don't lead to a friendship, and that's okay too, because in other avenues, we don't always click with everyone we meet, for whatever reasons.



But, I'm rambling, and I have yet another swap package to mention. The mysterious knitter known to me only as "Tink" (Tinkerbell or tink back a row?) sent this grand package. Again, I'd like to show all the photos I took, but we have dinner with my childhood best friend and her family, and you only have so many hours to spend on my blog.

There's a great Moonlight Knitter row counter, in red of course, some Red Rover from Lorna's Laces that I rather openly coveted while Devon was Sockza-ing, a darling sock project bag in red and toile, with polka dots (and I know I hadn't mentioned my adoration of all things toile!), along with some chai and more tea. The world is a beautiful place. So, my Sock it to Me pal has also been paying attention. (That's a tip, for anyone striving to be a super spoiler. Read up on your spoilee. Get to know them. It makes it easier to send packages that they will go on and on about on their blogs.)

5 comments:

Sue J. said...

Very, very nice, and oh, so true. I have a strong feeling that you are being spoiled so nicely because you are easy to get to know, and just a nice person overall. Hence, the friendships. I know what it' like to click with someone right away. It is a great feeling. You truly deserve all the spoilage.

Virtuous said...

So glad you enjoyed your package!!
I dusted off and pulled down my scrappin b/c I liked you just that much!! Plus as a fellow stamper I knew you would like it along with the other goodies! :op

I swap for both reasons!! :oD

I didn't realize you started you blog so you could swap!

And I got luck about the polka dots! :op The ribbon was so cute I had to buy it!

vegasangelbrat said...

Very nice swap packages!! Glad you got to be so spoiled, you deserve it!

vegasangelbrat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Devonshire said...

What awesome pals and packages. I too swap for both reasons and because I love putting together the packages! My love for the on line knitting community grows daily.