Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Two Circs, Two Socks

So, finally, some non-baby related blogging and knitting, eh? This arrived today, courtesy of UPS. I can't wait. I think I'm going to dump my current sock - or maybe frog it, since I don't think it will fit the intended recipient - and jump right in here. There are even a couple of patterns with Fixation, which I happen to have on hand! There are nine wonderful patterns, lots of clear instructions with pictures and detailed explanations, and I don't think I can wait to get started. There are three sizes (women's small, medium and large) for each pattern, but the handy-dandy chart every sock book should have with shoe sizes, measurements and more is in the front in case you want to get really personal. I've only flipped through it, but I can't wait. (You're lucky I'm finishing this post.)


Here's the sock in progress, which I briefly considered frogging. Maybe I'll give it to one of the teeny-footed gals on my Christmas list. Okay. That's the plan now, because you know frogging gives me heartburn. Thanks for helping me work through that little bit of indecision. Just because it isn't right for the person I had in mind, doesn't mean it isn't a great sock. There. That's a pretty fair representation of the colorway, which is some Sockotta. I'm not crazy about the yarn. It's just there. There are other blends that feel better slipping through my hands, but it knits up well, and I do like the colors. (See my Sockza bag in use?) The pattern was quick and fun, and I'm about 1/4" from turning the heel, so why frog? Heck, *I* am a rather small-footed gal myself...
The colorway isn't that blue, but evidently, you can't have accurate color AND a decent shot of the pattern. Go figure. It's from Learn to Knit Socks, Little Pinky. Fun, easy to memorize pattern, in an ankle length. I think it would look great on one of my skinny-legged friends. So, no frogging. Can't do it, but I am moving on so I can knit two socks at the same time. I also want to do the toe-up thing, especially since Surviving sent me the cool You Tube link to the Magic Cast On and more. So many socks, so little time!
PS - My Pay it Forward list is full, but I hope you'll find someone whose isn't!

6 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Aw, I love the sock. Don't frog this one, you'll find someone to give it to. And, if you don't, I happen to have narrow feet. hint hint

Sue J. said...

Yup, got the same book yesterday. Can't wait to give it a try, but I have to finish the mates to two other socks first. I am so excited about knitting two at a time. No more SSS. I'll be anxious to know how you like it.

Bubblesknits said...

I'm battling SSS myself. I got the new Cat Bordhi book and I so want to toss my Baby Cables sock to the wind and cast on a new one! LOL

Good luck with two socks at the same time! I have a hard time remembering not to knit all the way across with the same yarn. Did that make sense? ;-)

Devonshire said...

That sock is looking lovely. Glad to hear there will be no frogging!

Surviving said...

Your sock looks great. You'll have to let us know how the book works out. I think that might be best for me, if it isn't too hard. After all I've never made socks before. When I crocheted some mittens last year I was so bored by the time the second one came around, it was hard for me to finish.

Unknown said...

The socks look so great! I love the colors. No matter how hard I've tried, I just can not figure out the two circ or Magic Loop method. I'd happiest on my DPNs, even if people look at me like I'm nuts.

I've got two spots left on my Pay It Forward list .. in case you know anyone who wants to play along.