Sunday, August 5, 2007

Still Green


Friends, I think I'm in a rut. It's a lovely cloth in a cotton-linen blend, but it's a sage green. Green. It's all I seem to be able to reach for these days, but that will change. It must! I'm going to knit a little something for my KVVS pal, so unless she's really into green, there will be a different colored finished object soon enough. I love this pattern. It's in a booklet the awesome Anne gave me, and it's called "Soft Texture." Indeed. I think Mark wants it for his own, but no dice. I also must announce that I care not the least to knit with linen or linen blends. Ick, yuck, and almost yuck yarn worthy. Scratchy. I will do a linen face cloth for Mark (and let's all hope he doesn't adore it and want more), and mostly likely, he'll get a twin to this one too, just because I've got the yarn, and it's good to keep the Knitter's Knight happy.


I did find the link for the Petal Dishcloth (pictured a couple of posts before this). In a true gooblette moment, when I unfolded the page, which was merely folded in half, there was the link, across the bottom of the page. Imagine...


I also shoved the Sockza socks on blockers. Follow the link to note that you've knitted your socks, sent your socks (tomorrow, for me!) and again when you receive your socks. Maybe all of y'all knew to do that, but I needed my dear Devon to point that out, so I'm returning the favor. I really do love that pattern, but there are so many others I want to do that it will probably be a while before I knit the same pattern twice again. I'm pretty sure the June Tofutsies Sock Club is next for the needles, and yes folks, that will be a return to the two circs. method. I like dpns a lot, but they wore out their welcome (snapping, poking in the palm, etc.) with that last effort. The yoga socks in Wick remain on the needles in a fancy Ziploc bag, but when Mugsy isn't sleeping on said bag, I am picking them up once in a while, because I love the Wick.
Thanks for all the Fred good wishes. He's better, but not much, so I'll call Dr. Nancy in the morning, and either tomorrow or Tuesday, the big boy will go see her. It's heartbreaking, but I still have hope...
There's still time to sign up for the tea swap. We're rounding up some nice prizes, and the first contest isn't far off, so don't wait until the last minute to sign up or to post your questionnaire!


3 comments:

Sue J. said...

The socks look just great! We will say all sorts of prayers and have really good thoughts for Fred. Milo sends his love, too.

vegasangelbrat said...

Love the socks..turned out great! Gosh i can't wait to be able to do that..lol
You know Lady, Storm and I send well wishes to our dear Fred..sure hope doc Nancy can fix :) Prayers up with lots of licky lick thoughts!
I like the dishcloth too :)

Devonshire said...

Your dishcloth looks lovely. The socks look smashing on the blockers. You are becoming quite the sock knitter!