Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Happy Birthday, Hooey




If you stick around, you'll discover I call my dogs all sorts of names. Today, the dog the AKC calls Tackhammer Fred, and Amanda more fittingly named Fred Aloisius is 11 years old. This post is brought to you because the birthday boy didn't want to be put in the bed - our bed - when the humans and Mugsy went to bed. No, 1:47 am suited him better, but at 2:03, Mugsy decided the three of us needed to get up. So, Mugsy, the birthday boy and I are up. They are now ready to go back to bed, but my body isn't, so... Here we are.


Here's the finished KAL dishcloth. The color isn't so orange; it's a lush, lovely terracotta, but at 2am, I'm not editing the photo for you. I loved Lion Brand's Cotton Ease, and the stitch definition is just fine. Thanks, Rachel for great designs and my first knit along. I can't wait to do the "housework sucks" pattern!




As I always want Anne happy, here's the sock that has occupied my free time of late, and Anne's time, and Devon's time too. Heck, even Sue has a few emails invested in this sock, as does The Pro, Anne's sister. Talk about a group project.It's not a great picture, but it was taken at 2:15 am, so admire what you can and hope that this evening will bring a finished product and a better photo or two. I have a cute pose with the birthday boy in mind, but we'll see what the rest of the day brings. After all, I'm missing my beauty rest now, so who knows how the post-work hours will pan out? Do note the tiny amount of yarn left. Maybe I will need all three skeins after all. Stay tuned, because I really intend to finish this bugger tonight.
Now, I believe I'll go wake up the dogs and we'll all go back to bed, except for the sock. It lives on the coffee table. Mugsy is at my side BEGGING to return to bed. That's one smart dog.

4 comments:

Sue J. said...

I'm rather happy to know I'm not the only one who is up in the middle of the night with a pup who decides it's play time or dinner time or some time other than sleep. The dishcloth looks great. I used to crochet mine. And the sock! It still amazes me that you mastered Magic Loop right away. Can't wait to see the finished project. Hope you get some much needed rest.

lori said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Devonshire said...

The sock looks great! I'm so glad that I could help. This is the type of group projects that I love! Happy Knitting~

Anonymous said...

OMG Did you add that pic of freddie?? HE LOOKS SO CUTE! and wowza on the sock! You go! I have a heel... flap. no turning yet, and deadline knitting tonight. Hopefully.. tomorrow :)