Saturday, May 19, 2007

Tea for...

Thanks to everyone who chimed in! I wish I could have a tea party with all of you, truly.

Devon is the winner, thanks to the random number generator. Let me know if you do loose tea or bags, and I'll have your prize on its way, soon enough!

Clearly, there is interest in a tea swap. It looks like a little later into the summer will suit most, so keep visiting, and details will show up in due time. I'm also going to clear up a little confusion. I do drink tea hot, cold, tepid, or any state in between, year 'round, all day long. Being a good Southern girl though (aka: a GRITS - Girl Raised In The South), I do like a nice, run of the mill glass of a blended black tea over ice. Personally, I like it with a bit of lemon and no sugar, but as long as it isn't so sweet my teeth hurt, I'll drink sweet tea too. For those across the pond or otherwise unfamiliar with Southern lingo, sweet tea, ice tea and iced tea are all the same thing.

A couple of you had some great ideas! I'm still mulling over the details, but this will be different enough from the tea swap I didn't get to in time to join that I hope there will be some cross-over. It will also be international in scope, because well... I happen to think the British do tea in a way most of us over here can only aspire to do tea.

So, keep those tea comments coming. If there's something you think would make for a great tea swap, let me know.

1 comment:

Devonshire said...

OMG! I never win anything! Thank you so much. Altough I do take that back about not winning anything, because I have made 2 really great friends all because of swaps and knitting blogs and not to be overly cheesy - that is the best thing of all. I mostly purchase bag tea, but I also love loose tea. Again thank you so much! Oh and can you teach me how to use the random number generator - I am so dumb with numbers. LOL