Monday, May 7, 2007

Peer Pressure

You don't hear adults talking about it much, but it still works, I hope...

Fitter Knitters. It's a concept Anne and Devon came up with, and I embraced. (I also have visions of a book, a tour, and anything else that allows for real time and presence with those two awesome women!)

So, cowboy up, girls. I have. Mugsy and I walk-walked today. (Ask him if he wants to go for a walk, and he cocks his little head. Ask about walk-walk, and he heads for the door.) I could have gone to a yoga class, but my old dog needs to expend energy too, and we had too many rainy days last week. We walk for about 35 minutes, with some significant hills, and he gets to see his girlfriend, another terrier named Tara. Yoga and walking are my "things." I'm going to strive to do one or the other (or both?!) five days a week.

Food? Sigh. That's the REAL problem here. I like it. I have fallen in love with McDonald's Southwestern Chicken Salad, and Quizno's black and bleu salad, so as long as I stick with those two for lunch, I'm headed in the right direction.

Oh, and Magic Loop sock mate is legged, heeled and the decreased section of the foot is behind me. It's looking good for a finish tomorrow. That means my dpn sock debut isn't far away either.

I had a productive weekend in the stash building department. The camera's in the other room, and some of the purchases were for gifts and prizes, so no pictures. (Picture Zsa Zsa's hand here.) Besides, if I don't show you the loot, I can deny that more sock yarn found its way here.

I think a pal of mine has some questions:

Have a question, do you like chocolate? Do you use lotion? If you do, do you like lavendar?

I live for dark chocolate. As a child, I was busted for eating baker's chocolate. Dark and bitter is good. Dark and minty is heaven. Fruits and nuts in the dark chocolate create a blissful state. Heck, brownies with nuts are fine too!

Lotion. I don't use it as much as I should, but I'm working on that. Lavendar is great! My sweet yoga instructor has programmed me to head for deep relaxation with a lavendar eye bag. I keep meaning to find one for home use. Now, if I could just get her to make a CD...

To all my pals out there: I really am not hard to please. I love chocolate. Dark, milk, and even white will do, with anything but cherry flavoring in it. I like to read, although this blogging thing and knitting have slowed me down tremendously, unless you count the blogs and knitting books and magazines I read. I like candles, although not as much as my hubby does. As long as you stay away from orange, I like all kinds of colors. I started out insisting I'm not much on purple, but Anne is converting me. It's not green, pink, red or blue, but it's not orange either.

I appreciate that you want to please me! That in and of itself is a gift. It's enough to make me stop pouting about missing the sign-up for the Knitter's Tea Swap.

3 comments:

Sue J. said...

Sounds like all is well in Knitea land. I'm so glad. It is amazing how blogging friends can become such a part of your life. And, nuts, I missed the sign up for the Tea Exchange, too. Even though I'm not a heavy tea drinker, I do like on occasion, and I was going to join. Oh well, there will be more.

Barb said...

I missed the Tea Swap sign-ups too :( but I did make the Coffee Swap this round, I missed that in the fall, can't wait too see the finished socks :)

Devonshire said...

Book tour...I like the sound of that. More will hopefully be put together after this busy season, ugh. Hope the sock finishing is going well. I meant to ask, did your friends have fun in Boston