Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Score!!!


Picture me, hands thrown in the air, NFL ref style. My local Michael's had the not really short but shorter than I could find elsewhere #7 metal needles, AND... drumroll... Patons SWS! Even in the colorway (Natural Pink) I'd eyed. Life is good today. Gonna take Mugsy for a walk in a minute too, so it's ALL good here.


And a million thanks to Lori from the Spring Felted Bag Exchange, for the awesome list of other self-striping yarns. Same day service. Better than my dry cleaners, Lori. You rock. (See Lori's comment in the post most previous to this one if you're looking for non-Yuck yarn. And to those lurving their Kureyon, I have some partial skeins I'll send you, because I don't care to ever knit with the rough stuff again, typed while stroking my SWS. Even Mugsy has turned his head.)


You do realize the pal's felted bag, at about 33%, is going to get shoved aside so I can love on my wool and soy product fibers. See, the way I figure it, I almost have to be supporting my local farmer family & friends. My childhood is filled with visions of soybeans, waving in the breeze, and there are a couple of sheep farms around here too. So, never you mind about the made in China part of the label. In my little feelin' the love world today, the soybeans for my yarn came from Uncle Dave's farm, and the wool came from Mrs. Robinson's sheep. Don't try to reason with me. I don't want to hear it.


Oh What A Beautiful Morning(from Oklahoma)

Lyrics by OSCAR HAMMERSTEIN II

Music by RICHARD RODGERS

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow,

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow,

The corn is as high as an elephant's eye,

An' it looks like it's climbin' clear up to the sky.

Oh, what a beautiful mornin',Oh, what a beautiful day.

I got a beautiful feelin'

Ev'rything's goin' my way.

(There's more, but I'll spare you. Send the pity Mugsy's way. We'll be walking to some Rodgers & Hammerstein. Suck it up, pup. You see, he's more of an Uncle Kracker kind of dog... If he's a good boy, I'll hit shuffle/random as we go out the door.)

5 comments:

lori said...

Just be careful felting with that SWS. It's fast and furious. And it felts a long time-doesn't take a long time, but takes a while to reach it's felting saturation point. Make any sense? My SIL's xmas purse sorta' turned into an xmas wallet. And, y'er welcome fer the yarn list. Add Trendsetter Granito to that. Love that one, too.

Devonshire said...

That yarn is beautiful colors. Glad to hear Michaels worked out for the needles you were searching for! Hope you are having a great week.

vegasangelbrat said...

Thanks for info on Non-Yuck (lol)listing...definitely gonna check that out! Woo-hoo Lori..Thank you!!
Hey, is there a "Yuck" Yarn donation box somewhere..lol or a trade me swap someplace..lol

lori said...

I guess it's my week to be helpy, and, also, annoying. For alternate baby gifts, go look at fibertrends.com. Put these into the search: CH-22 is the cutest pattern ever in the whole history of baby bootie patterns. Felted bun-bun rabbits and pupper dogs! And so much fun to knit! Also, look at CH-6, normal looking cute felted baby shoes, and CH-47 for tiny alpine booties.

Shawnee said...

Oh my gosh, SOMEONE ELSE who breaks into song!! AND, I, too, love working with SWS yarns!